SCHOOL BOARD MEETING DATES
Meetings are held on Mondays in the DEHS Media Center at 7:00 PM unless otherwise indicated.Agenda items must be submitted to the Superintendent's Office the Monday before the Board meeting.
SCHOOL BOARD MINI-RETREATS
6:00 PM in DEHS Media Center on May 21, 2018
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Mon., May 14, 2018CONDENSED MEETING MINUTES -- Condensed, unapproved meeting minutes are listed here. They are subject to corrections and final approval of the School Board. Underlined words will take you to the associated documents. After viewing the document, use the back button (rather than the X button) and you will return to the condensed minutes. Once approved, the full set of meeting minutes can be accessed by choosing the button on the left.
in DEHS Media Center @ 7 PM
The Agenda will be posted Thu., May 10, 2018
Click here to view the posted agendas on BoardBook.
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
April 9, 2018
(These are condensed and draft meeting minutes. A complete set is available in the District Office located in the high school.)
Chair Ron Pagel called the regular meeting of the Dover-Eyota Board of Education to order at 7:00 PM at the Dover-Eyota High School Media Center in Eyota, MN. Other members present: Don Andring, Julie Austinson, Andrea Lehnertz, Linda Nelson, Todd Peterson, Matt Wrubel, Supt. Mike Carolan, and Student Member Anna Sachs. Absent: none.
The Board acted on the following items:
1. Approved the amended agenda; (Andring, Lehnertz, unanimous)
2. Approved the March 12, 2018 Regular School Board Minutes; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
3. Approved Regular District Bills totaling $51,469.08, and Special District Bills totaling $110,834.44; (Wrubel, Peterson, unanimous)
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report with liquid assets totaling $3,566,416.72 and March electronic transfers; (Austinson, Wrubel, unanimous)
5. Recognitions – Contributions of retirees Peggy Swenson, Sheri Crowson, and Jane Johnson; Maggie McLaughlin’s fundraiser.
6. Reports – First Reading of Policy Changes. 533 Wellness 903 Visitors 930 Therapy Dogs 930 Form
7. New Business
a. Approved the auditing contract with Clifton/Allen/Larson; (Peterson, Wrubel, unanimous)
b. Accepted resignations – Abbie Eckdahl as SACC Worker and Kelly Schliesman as Part-time Spanish Instructor; Hired – Brian DeFrang as Assistant Baseball Coach and Kevin Salsman as Custodian; Accepted donations – $500 to Cross Country from Eagles Wrestling Club, $500 to the Trap team from Dover Fire, $550 from PATT to elementary PE and $129.36 to elementary Academic Triathlon, and $2,000 from Dover-Eyota Storm Girls’ Softball to the DE softball team; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
c. Accepted the resignation of Jane Johnson as Curriculum Director at the end of the school year; (Andring, Wrubel, unanimous)
d. Accepted the resignation of Peggy Swenson as Elementary Instructor at the end of the school year; (Andring, Nelson, unanimous)
e. Accepted the resignation of Sheri Crowson as Elementary Instructor at the end of the school year. (Austinson, Peterson, unanimous)
8. Open Enrollment Requests – Approved two exceptions to the 9th grade enrollment cap. (Austinson, Peterson, unanimous)
The meeting was adjourned at 8:26 PM. (Peterson, Wrubel, unanimous)
Julie Austinson, Clerk