Learning is a lifelong process of discovery, transmission and the use of knowledge to make sense of the world and develop as a person. All students are capable of learning and using their knowledge to live a happy and productive life. Each student enriches his environment and provides his fellow learners with unique experiences and useful lessons for life.
Is a place for:
- Preparation for the future
- The opportunity for guided practice with a safety net
- Exploration and development of one’s skills
- Meeting students’ basic needs while providing an absence of threat
- is a hands-on immersion into new ideas
- causes each student to be a purposeful thinker, communicator, self-directed learner, responsible citizen and productive group member
- consists of the storage, organization, acquisition, retrieval, expression and manipulation of information.
Special Education Learner Outcome:
As the special education teacher, I am to provide individual educational planning and instruction essential to a student’s learning based on his current needs and strengths as documented through the evaluation process.
My job is to:
Provide specialized instruction based on a student’s need as documented in the evaluation report and IEP
Provide education of the whole student by providing one-on-one support based on needs documented through the evaluation report
Provide transition planning for each child based on his/her interests and needs, including plans related to post-secondary education, employment, independent living and connection with outside agencies
Spend time developing and acquiring skills listed as needs in the evaluation and as IEP goals
Receive curricular support in areas that are documented as a need
Create a transition plan appropriate to their interests, strengths and needs
Learn and work towards being an independent student