SCHOOL BOARD MEETING DATES
Meetings are held on Mondays in the DEHS Media Center at 7:00 PM unless otherwise indicated.
Agenda items must be submitted to the Superintendent's Office the Monday before the Board meeting.
|August 13, 2018
||Tue., February 19, 2019
|September 10, 2018
||March 11, 2019
|October 8, 2018
||April 8, 2019
|Tue., November 13
||May 13, 2019
|December 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM with a Tax Informational meeting at 6:00 PM
||June 10, 2019
|January 14, 2019 with an Organizational meeting at 6:30 PM
||July 8, 2019
CONDENSED MEETING MINUTES -- Condensed, unapproved meeting minutes are listed here. They are subject to corrections and final approval of the School Board. Underlined words will take you to the associated documents. After viewing the document, use the back button (rather than the X button) and you will return to the condensed minutes. Once approved, the full set of meeting minutes can be accessed by choosing the button on the left.
SCHOOL BOARD MINI-RETREATS
6:00 PM in DEHS Media Center on August 20, November 19, February 25, and May 20
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
August 13, 2018
(These are condensed and draft meeting minutes. A complete set is available in the District Office located in the high school.)
Chair Ron Pagel called the regular meeting of the Dover-Eyota Board of Education to order at 7:02 PM at the Dover-Eyota High School Media Center in Eyota, MN. Other members present: Don Andring, Julie Austinson, Andrea Lehnertz, Linda Nelson, Matt Wrubel, and Supt. Mike Carolan. Absent: Todd Peterson.
The Board acted on the following items:
- Approved the amended agenda; (Wrubel, Lehnertz, unanimous)
- Approved the July 9, 2018 Regular School Board Meeting Minutes; (Austinson, Nelson, unanimous)
- Approved the Regular District Bills totaling $143,062.66, and Special District Bills totaling $94,446.18; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
- Approved the Treasurer’s Report with liquid assets totaling $4,728,367.70 and July electronic transfers; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
- Recognitions: elementary summer library program and summer school, and the community play.
- Old Business –
- Approved the student, parent/student, staff, paraprofessional, athletic/activities, coach, and One-to-One handbooks; (Nelson, Austinson, unanimous)
- Approved changes to policies 509 Enrollment of Nonresident Students including increasing the grade level caps for grades 6-12 to 100 (Austinson, Wrubel, unanimous), and 602 Organization of the School Calendar & Day; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
- New Business –
- Consent - Accepted resignations – Jayleen Meyers as 9th grade Volleyball Coach, Cindy Bandel as Cook’s Helper, and Kevin Kullot as 9th Grade Boys’ Basketball Coach, and Joshua LaPlante as 9th & JV Football Coach, Alyssa Eck as Cook’s Helper; Hired – Melissa Tumbleson as Assistant Dance Coach, Melanie Munroe as JV Volleyball Coach, Nicole Einsman as LRP Instructor, Tim Chappell as Theatre Director, Rebecca Burt as Cook’s Helper, Brian Lehnertz as JV/B/9 Football Coach, John Reisdorf as 7th Grade Boys’ Basketball Coach, Ron Heins as Route Van Driver, and Ashly Hernandez and Katie Kahn as Instructional Assistants. (Nelson Wrubel, unanimous)
The meeting was adjourned at 8:19 PM. (Austinson, Nelson, unanimous)
Julie Austinson, Clerk