SCHOOL BOARD MEETING DATES
Meetings are held on Mondays in the DEHS Media Center at 7:00 PM unless otherwise indicated.
Agenda items must be submitted to the Superintendent's Office the Monday before the Board meeting.
|August 13, 2018
||Tue., February 19, 2019
|September 10, 2018
||March 11, 2019
|October 8, 2018
||April 8, 2019
|Tue., November 13
||May 13, 2019
|December 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM with a Tax Informational meeting at 6:00 PM
||June 10, 2019
|January 14, 2019 with an Organizational meeting at 6:30 PM
||July 8, 2019
CONDENSED MEETING MINUTES -- Condensed, unapproved meeting minutes are listed here. They are subject to corrections and final approval of the School Board. Underlined words will take you to the associated documents. After viewing the document, use the back button (rather than the X button) and you will return to the condensed minutes. Once approved, the full set of meeting minutes can be accessed by choosing the button on the left.
December 10, 2018
(These are condensed and draft meeting minutes. A complete set is available in the District Office, located in the high school.)
Chair Ron Pagel called the regular meeting of the Dover-Eyota Board of Education to order at 6:32 PM at the Dover-Eyota High School Media Center in Eyota, MN. Other members present: Don Andring, Julie Austinson, Andrea Lehnertz, Linda Nelson, Todd Peterson, Matt Wrubel, Supt. Mike Carolan, and Student Member Lexi Schaefer. Absent: none.
The Board acted on the following items:
- Approved the amended agenda; (Lehnertz, Peterson, unanimous)
- Approved the November 13, 2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes and the November 19, 2018 Board Mini-Retreat Meeting Minutes; (Lehnertz, Andring, unanimous)
- Approved the Regular District Bills totaling $145,820.90, and Special District Bills totaling $117,684.72; (Wrubel, Austinson, unanimous)
- Approved the Treasurer’s Report with liquid assets totaling $5,259,712.47 and November electronic transfers; (Peterson, Lehnertz, unanimous)
- Band concert, upcoming Choir concert, and Presentation on vaping
- Outgoing Board members, Andrea Lehnertz and Todd Peterson
- Reports –
- Bus Garage Update;
- Baseball/Softball Field Upgrades; Winona Nursery will provide a proposal to begin with
- Stage Lighting Proposal Update: Will ask the companies for a price freeze until after January Board meeting.
- New Business –
- Granted tentative approval of the student trip to Washington, DC; (Nelson, Andring, unanimous)
- Approved the Final 2018 Payable 2019 Levy; (Wrubel, Austinson, unanimous)
- Adopted the Resolution Establishing A Combined Polling Place; (Lehnertz, Wrubel, unanimous)
- Consent - Accepted resignations – ; Hired – Marty Mathis as Cook’s Helper, Dave Ehlenfeldt as LRP AM Route Driver, Tara Dabelstein as Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, Jessica Grobe as 9th Grade Girls’ Basketball Coach; Tori Kittleson as Footsteps Student Worker, Danielle Hampel as HS/MS Lead Secretary. Donations – $520 from the Dover-Eyota Music Association to Band, $200 from the Hiawatha Sno-Seekers to Boys’ Basketball, $480 from middle/high school parents for staff meals during conferences, Dover-Eyota Eagles Foundation gave $400 to Peer Helpers, $750 to Model UN, and $1,000 to Boys’ Basketball, $50 each to Boys’ Basketball from Benjamin & Nicole Wibstad and Paul and Teresa Hackler. (Nelson, Andring, unanimous)
The meeting was adjourned at 7:49 PM. (Peterson, Lehnertz, unanimous)
Julie Austinson, Clerk