Junior Meeting Materials
1. Junior Checklist/Timeline: A timeline and checklist of things juniors can be doing to prepare for senior year and beyond.
2. ACT Information: General information about the format of the ACT. More ACT information is located in the "College Admissions Testing" tab on the left hand side of the counseling page.
3. College Information:
- 2 Year vs. 4 Year Colleges/Universities: Main differences between 2 and 4 year schools
- College Costs and Scholarship: Average college costs and scholarship resources
- Reciprocity and Midwest Student Exchange Program: Out of state programs
- Choosing the Right College: Checklist to identify what characteristics of a school matter most to you
- Campus Visit Checklist: Checklist of questions to ask while on a campus visit
4. Military: Information about different branches, where to begin, different benefits, and ASVAB testing.
5. Apprenticeships: Overview of what apprenticeships are. See Mr. McRae for more information about local union and apprenticeship opportunities (electricians union, heavy machine operators, plumbing, sheet metal workers, etc.).
- Construct Tomorrow Website: This is your one stop shop for apprenticeships and trades that provides links to training centers of local trades partners, provides videos, and other information for students and parents.
- MDE Apprenticeship Website: Provides general information about apprenticeships and has a database of apprenticeship opportunities in Minnesota. There are also videos of professionals in the trades talking and sharing information about their careers.